I like lists and haven’t posted in awhile so here goes.
- I’ve killed two spiders, drowned a bazillion little black bugs that enjoy raspberries, and was attacked by a swarm of mosquitos two days ago…
- I’ve watched four lesser known movies on Amazon/Netflix in the last week. I’m 3-1 for shedding tears. If you ever need suggestions, hit me up. Watching obscure indie movies is something I thoroughly enjoy.
- I’ve become quite the domesticated lady this summer. I canned salsa, baked zucchini and banana bread, made pizza, tried a new recipe for jambalaya, learned how to grill, ate fresh produce, and made caprese. Mmm delish.
- I’ve been to Minnesota, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Louisiana, Tennessee, Missouri, and Arkansas for wonderful adventures with even better friends.
- I rode a bike in a skirt! This may not seem like a big deal but it was one of my goals for the summer. The ladies in movies always make it look so elegant.
- I made a blanket for a dear friend in a weekend, mind you. This is the quickest and most motivated I think I’ve ever been on a sewing project.
- I went camping with my best friend and we survived a pack, ahem, I mean troop of obnoxious boy scouts.
- I’ve read books upon books this summer. I’m realizing just how much I enjoy to learn from reading. books, articles, posts, etc. If you read anything interesting, send it my way!
- I successfully spent time in my hammock. My technique needs some work but Storm Lake doesn’t really provide many opportunities for lounging.
- I learned how to make sticky rice and explored the ethnic food markets in town! This is probably one of the more exciting things that happened this summer!
- The music scene in my life has been great. I discover new music left and right. I’ll gladly take any suggestions you wish to offer:)
- For those of you who haven’t experienced it’s glory, Madison, WI is a pretty great town and you should check it out sometime. Wisconsin in general is beautiful…and they have dairy farms with cows galore. What more could you want?
- Laura and I checked off several items on out bucket list. 4 in one weekend to be exact. It was a very productive walk.
- I earned so many freckles this summer…and some pretty gnarly tan lines. But freckles!
- I’ve had so many rockin’ conversations with new friends and old friends.
I’ve survived adulthood thus far. Lots of changes since graduation. Some unexpected, others were sort of anticipated. Change creates a growth edge. Growing is good. So things are well. I’m also realizing writing this post at the end of summer definitely has a rose-colored tint to it…but that’s okay. It’s good to look back on the positive side of things.