Truths from this weekend. These aren’t necessarily new things I’ve learned, they’ve just been proven for the umpteenth time in the past couple days.
- I have some rockin’ friends. They are the best and I don’t think you could ever dispute that.
- Walking around your house is 20x cooler when you hum the Mission Impossible theme and sneak around corners. try it sometime.
- Climbing trees is harder than it looks…and that branch is higher than it seemed from the ground.
- You can indeed fit 6 kids, a car seat, and 10 adults in a 15 passenger van. It’s not ideal, but it is possible.
- Butter that’s too soft makes pancake cookies…edible but not practical.
- Money is a necessity and I hate it. I’m going to be tight with money for the rest of my life. It can be a depressing thought.
- Rain is a good thing but it can be inconvenient at times…like when you’re supposed to go camping.
- Charlie Brown was right…there are kite-eating trees. good grief.
- Running a 5K is much more enjoyable with a couple of sweet kids by your side.
- This weekend’s weather fit the town’s name quite nicely.
- I’d have to say handwritten notes are one of my favorite things in the whole world. Whether it is written on an origami crab, a post it note stuck to my dresser, or the absolute perfect birthday card in the mail, I love them.
That’s all for this stormy evening.