So, I made it through the first week. I’d say this is cause for celebration.
A week ago…
- the VISTAs were strangers…now, we are comfortable enough to drench each other with water.
- Seneca was just this place that Jay and Anne lived…now it is a second home to 40 little faces.
- Howard was just a sweet old man I met in January…now we are house mates and soon to be BFFs.
- I was apprehensive…now I’m looking forward to the summer.
- I could stay up past midnight…now I’m ready for bed at 9pm.
- these kids were just characters in stories…now they are faces with hearts that just want to be loved on.
- (my mindset) the kids are going to be the end of me…now, I’m still not in love but it isn’t so bad in smaller groups.
It’s only been a week and this much has changed. I have nine more weeks of summer. there is so much more to come. more sleep deprivation, smiles, giggles, personalities, games of knockout, meals, and memories. It should be swell.