I’ve decided that I’m going to try to blog about my summer as an AmeriCorps VISTA serving at The Bridge of Storm Lake. I’m not going to promise to post everyday because let’s be real…it’s not going to happen.
It’s 7:49PM and I’m exhausted. I felt this way last night as well and I didn’t do anything all day. I listened to people talk to me about rules, regulations, expectations, and explanations. Let me tell you, it was thrilling.
Going into this whole process I was, as Jonas (The Giver) would say, apprehensive. I didn’t know what to expect and I still don’t know for sure what this summer will look like but I’m becoming more okay with that fact. I need to learn to go with the flow more and trust that things will fall into place if they’re supposed to.
Some things I’m learning already.
- Flexibility is key.
- Backstreet Boys make every day better.
- I like people but kids aren’t my passion. I’m more excited about the adults in the picture.
- People wear me out. Seriously.
- I love the great outdoors. I am going to soak up every opportunity to be outside this summer…for the freckles and the sheer beauty of it all.
- Front porches are my happy place. I spend any spare time I can out there reading or writing on the bench.
- I’ve got some big ideas and dreams floating around in this head of mine.
That’s all for tonight. I’ve got some homework to do and maybe a Walmart run to look forward to. joy.